Investment in our people
The RRM ESOP is a Trust created for the benefit of the employee members. The Plan is approved by the IRS and is a form of retirement plan, regulated much like a 401K plan by strict IRS and Department of Labor rules and procedures. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, all RRM staff have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
ENJOY WHERE YOU WORK
Keeping our staff happy and passionate is our priority. After all, our employees own our business and determine our future.
- Career Development — we recognize that our people are our strongest asset, so we invest in them. We provide a clear path for career growth by organizational charts and job descriptions. We promote from within and challenge our staff to be recognized leaders in their position and their industry.
- Work-Life Balance — we offer flexible work schedules to allow our employees to balance their life outside of work. Additionally, we have annual family picnics, bowling nights, paid days off for sick family members, a Privacy Room for new moms, in office delivery of local fruits and vegetables and eco-car washing.
- Emphasis on Connection — Fun & friendly colleagues, monthly staff meetings, design charrettes, lunch and learns, new hire meet and greets, get-togethers; baseball games, BBQ’s, open houses and parties.
- Wellness — we have a wellness program that promotes wellness through fun healthy living challenges with incentives. We offer: group activities (hiking, biking, walking, running), reduced health club fees, on-site massages, flu shots, nutritional education, CPR training and sponsor employee participation in local events.
- Work Green, Live Green — we encourage our employees to live more sustainably. RRM has a fleet of Hybrid Vehicles. We promote incentives to carpool and bike to work, use public transportation and drive Alternative Fuel Vehicles. We have bikes available for employees to use during their workday.
We provide a rich benefits package and competitive salary ranges for all positions within the firm. We survey the industry annually to benchmark ourselves against local and regional competitors and keep our salaries and benefits aligned with current trends and expectations. We are also committed to internal equity which keeps our salaries fair and consistent within our firm. We help our employees invest for retirement by offering a 401K match and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – An employer-paid program that allows employees ownership. ESOP is a direct connection to the growth and profitability of our firm
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Time Off, with the goal of 1,000 total hours devoted to community service company-wide
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with employer match
OUR INVOLVEMENT IN THE COMMUNITY
RRM contributes to the community through:
- Donate to local charities based on our employees and clients interests
- Sponsor an annual Cal Poly education endowment scholarship for the College of Architecture and Environmental Design
- Hosts local organizations in our training room such as AIA, Central Coast Green Build Council and more
- Industry board leadership (Chamber of Commerce, EVC, AIA, SESLOC, ARTS Obispo, etc.)
- Sustainability leadership including sponsoring and helping form the Central Coast Green Build Council, and hosting resource group for LEED projects
- Guest volunteer teachers at local K-12s, community colleges and universities
- Sponsorships and volunteer services for local events such as: botanical gardens, community parks, shelters, beach and trail clean-up
RRMU and Other Educational Opportunities
At RRM, our people come first. We strive to create meaningful career opportunities and challenge our staff to be recognized leaders in their profession and their industry. We provide training, education, and leadership mentoring to enable all employees to invest in their career, take charge of their professional brand, participate in their communities, and build for a positive future.
- RRMU – our in-house education and training program comprised of regularly scheduled events on topics pertinent to project managers and employees.
- Nuggets of Knowledge – brief 10-15 minute presentations on important business topics that are presented during the monthly staff meetings.
- Learn by Doing – activities like webinars, lunch and learns, design charrettes, teaching an RRMU course or talking about a “nugget of knowledge” at a staff meeting, attendance at industry association events, and other types of professional development.
RRM’s “1000 HOURS” Program
WHAT IS IT?
This initiative was born from a “blue sky” all staff meeting we held where we asked our staff one simple question; what can we do as a firm to impact the greater good? Hundreds of ideas were born from that meeting, including the 1000 Hours initiative. The core idea was that if every one of our staff members were to donate their time, we could provide 1000 hours of volunteer time to the communities we live and work.
Every employee is offered paid time off to volunteer at a volunteer organization of their choice. We encourage each staff member to post pictures and videos of their opportunities to our internal Facebook page, and at staff meetings to share their volunteer passions with other staff members and to encourage others to attend with them.
HOW IT WORKS
Every employee is offered four to eight hours of paid volunteer time off depending on how many hours they work per week. Volunteer time off does not cut into sick or vacation time; it is a tangible benefit above one’s regular personal time off and is not time that needs to be accrued.
WANT TO JOIN IN?
We would love for other businesses in the area to join us in providing a similar program. Call us with any questions about implementation, or to suggest local volunteer opportunities!