Are you ready to take on an exciting role as a Structural Project Engineer? At our firm, you’ll have the chance to tackle an array of diverse and challenging projects, ranging from cozy single-family residences to expansive multifamily and affordable/workforce housing developments. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute your expertise to projects both big and small, including commercial and institutional buildings, tenant improvement renovations, school sports field enhancements, and the retrofitting of existing structures alongside cutting-edge designs for education facilities.
Your skills will span the full spectrum, from working with wood and masonry to steel and concrete, and from the realm of public projects to the intricacies of private ventures. If you’re passionate about engineering and eager to make a significant impact in the field, we invite you to join our dynamic team and be part of our innovative project journey. Apply now to shape the future of structural engineering with us!
We are open to onboarding the project engineer in any of our office locations:San Leandro, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Juan Capistrano, and San Diego
Your role looks like:
- Performing structural analysis for both lateral (wind and seismic) and gravity systems for buildings comprised of steel, concrete, wood, or masonry.
- Producing a comprehensive set of building and/or component calculations tailored to the project type and jurisdiction
- Providing project design (e.g. drawing, detailing, specifications, calculations, processing, plans, estimates) under the direction of a senior staff member.
- Producing accurate CAD work that meets appearance and CAD standards.
- Interacting with clients and represent RRM in a professional and courteous manner.
- Meeting budgets and deadlines.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in structural engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a Structural Concentration
- Current knowledge of professional codes, laws, computer applications, and trends
- PE license
Above & Beyond:
- Proficiency and understanding of relevant engineering software (RISA-3D , Enercalc, Tedds , or equivalent)
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The hiring range for this role is targeted at $96,200- $108,950 per year depending on skills and experience.
Need more information about this position? Email email@example.com for quick answers to any questions.
What is an RRMer?
An RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn, and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you'll be working with people like:
100% Employee Owned
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”