RRM Design Group’s thriving Planning and Urban Design department is excited about expanding our team’s ability to better serve Northern California. We are looking for a qualified planning professional to direct and grow our Bay Area practice consistent with RRM’s strategic goals and strengths, specifically with respect to general plan updates, specific plans, housing policy and implementation, zoning, CEQA, and community outreach project types.
We are seeking an individual with 10-15+ years of relevant experience, preferably in both the public and private sectors, with a demonstrated ability to successfully business develop, manage projects, and mentor staff. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, creative, and collaborative with a demonstrated ability to spearhead marketing and business development efforts, build client relations, execute and lead projects, and expand our services within the region.
Your role looks like:
- Lead or assist with marketing initiatives including strategic planning opportunity identification, proposal pursuit and preparation, client liaison, and preparation of marketing content.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain strong relationships with all individuals involved in business development and relations, including contacts, professional organizations, clients, specialty consultants, and agencies.
- Stay abreast of planning, legislative, and cultural trends to contribute to strengthening and building RRM’s planning practice and business opportunities.
- Manage and direct team members to manage complex planning studies and development applications.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of planning experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in city and regional planning, geography, public administration, environmental science, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of California’s current planning and development law and CEQA
- Excellent problem-solving and strategic decision-making skills, effective verbal and written communication skills including public speaking experience, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional certification/registration preferred (AICP, CNU-A, LEED AP, etc.)
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The hiring range for this role is targeted at $122,000 – $141,457 per year depending on skills and experience.
Need more information about this position? Email email@example.com for quick answers to any questions.
What is an RRMer?
An RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn, and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you'll be working with people like:
100% Employee Owned
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”