RRM Design Group is currently seeking a full-time Quality Control Manager to join our Architecture team! Our growing firm is looking for an individual who is eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team that offers a great balance of professional fulfillment and fun.
The Quality Control Manager is expected to take a leadership role in the architecture practice including, quality control oversight and processes, risk management policies and procedures, mentorship, and in-house project management training. To manage and oversee all aspects of projects, including design, production, quality control, and leading in the development and maintenance of the project budgets and schedules; to nurture and establish strong relationships with all outside parties involved in a project as their primary project contact, ensuring client satisfaction; to solicit work with new and repeat clients; and to mentor junior staff in regard to project scheduling, budgeting, and work scope.
Your role looks like:
- Quality control coordination across all Architectural workgroups.
- Ensuring all RRM Architecture projects go through a quality control peer review or a quality control review with an outside consultant.
- Reviewing Architectural processes and procedures such as scheduling, budgeting, deliverables, etc.
- Developing annual and administer quality control and risk management policies and procedures to make sure we are consistent with industry trends.
- Providing in-house mentorship and training for project managers.
- Initiating, developing, and maintaining strong relationships with all outside parties involved in the market sector, including contacts, professional organizations, clients, specialty consultants, and agencies.
- Directing and assigning project team members regarding project scheduling, budgeting, and work scope.
- Developing budgets, tasks, and contract negotiations for private and public clients.
- Upholding and fulfilling RRM’s mission, purpose statement, strategic plan, and core values.
- Being an ambassador of RRM; internal and external.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Current knowledge of professional codes, laws, computer applications, and trends.
Above & Beyond:
- Master’s of Architecture or master’s in business administration.
- Architectural license in good standing
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team! *
*Psst…at RRM, we recognize that factors such as imposter syndrome or the confidence gap may deter some applicants from applying. However, we encourage you to apply anyways, as we recognize these restraints do not reflect an applicant’s abilities, and we don’t want them to get in the way of us meeting potential RRMers!
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities, and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Need more information about this position? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick answers to any questions.
What is a RRMer?
A RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you’ll be working with people like:
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
View Compensation and Benefits
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”