Your role looks like:
- Effectively conduct research and analysis of code requirements, laws and ordinances, CEQA, and official records resulting in recommendations and document preparation.
- Write text-based documents such as general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, zoning codes, and/or other policy documents.
- Prepare presentation graphics, ArcGIS mapping, workshop materials and assist with public outreach events.
- Ability to understand site and development plans and familiarity with development review processes.
- Assist with project coordination.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; good verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; experience working on planning projects, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, and/or zoning codes.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in City and Regional Planning, or other related field.
- Working knowledge of California Planning and Development Law and CEQA.
- Proficient in, Microsoft Office and the Adobe Suite, and particularly with InDesign.
- An understanding of other graphic software programs (e.g. ArcGIS, SketchUp, AutoCAD, etc.) is beneficial.
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly desired but not required.
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The hiring range for this role is targeted at $37.75 – 44.85 per hour dependent on skills and experience.
Need more information about this position? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick answers to any questions.
What is a RRMer?
A RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you’ll be working with people like:
100% Employee Owned
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”
Read more about our six offices:
San Luis Obispo (HQ) | San Leandro | Santa Barbara| Ventura | San Juan Capistrano | San Diego (New!)