Our office in downtown San Juan Capistrano is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Designer to join our growing Landscape Architecture team! Our growing firm is looking for an individual who is eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team that offers a great balance of professional fulfillment and fun.
The Assistant Designer will work within a team setting to contribute to all phases of the design process. From Conceptual Design to Construction Documents, this person will assist with the preparation of presentation graphics, site plans, and technical documents. As an integral part of our multidiscipline design team, including architects, urban planners, and civil and structural engineers, the Assistant Designer will see projects begin as simple hand-sketches and develop into built work.
RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multi-discipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Our professionals work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
Employee ownership brings with it a vested interest in creating and providing equitable opportunities and career paths for our employees. Our retention rate speaks for itself: over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more. Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRM family is paramount to how we run our business. In addition to the employee stock ownership program, RRM offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including full medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with an Employer Match.
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent judgment and organizational skills
- Strong skills in writing and graphic communication
- Passion for designing the built environment
- Enthusiasm for collaborating in a team environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Experience preparing presentation graphics using the Adobe Suite
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD and design drafting
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software such as SketchUp or Rhino (Lumion experience is a plus!)
- Preferred: 1-2 years of experience working at a Landscape Architecture firm or in a related design field
*Please submit your portfolio with your application.