Our San Juan Capistrano office is currently seeking a RRMer to join us as a full-time Assistant Designer on our Landscape Architecture team. The Assistant Designer will work within a team setting to contribute to all phases of the design process. From Conceptual Design to Construction Documents, this person will assist with the preparation of presentation graphics, site plans, and technical documents. As an integral part of our multidiscipline design team, including architects, urban planners, and civil and structural engineers, the Assistant Designer will see projects begin as simple hand-sketches and develop into built work. We are looking for an individual who is eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team that offers a great balance of professional fulfillment and fun.
Your role looks like:
- Preparing construction documents (drafting, Base mapping, planting design, cost estimation, etc.)
- Assisting project managers with preparing designs and components of design
- Working on graphic materials (illustrations, computer, and hand graphics, rendering)
- Understanding of planning principles, methodology, and practices of research and data collection
- Developing innovative solutions for our clients
- Upholding RRM’s high standard of quality
- Fostering and promoting a positive work environment and healthy company culture
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Experience preparing presentation graphics using the Adobe Suite
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD and design drafting
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software such as SketchUp or Rhino
- Current knowledge of professional standards, computer applications, and trends
Above & Beyond:
- 1-2 years of experience working at a Landscape Architecture firm or in a related design field
- Knowledge of Lumion modeling software
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
*Please submit your portfolio with your application.*
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities, and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Need more information about this position? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick answers to any questions.
What is a RRMer?
A RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you’ll be working with people like:
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
View Compensation and Benefits
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”