RRM Design Group is an employee-owned company seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join our team. Our growing firm is looking for an individual who is eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team that offers a great balance of professional fulfillment and fun.
The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for preparing quality work. Desired traits include being proactive, demonstrating initiative, and eager to be part of a growing and successful team. The Senior Accountant independently performs complex and responsible accounting work and will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger accounting, and project accounting. In addition to other related work as required under the direction of the Controller.
Your role looks like:
- Reconciling accounts monthly, quarterly, and annually to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance in accordance with GAAP requirements.
- Creating error-free financial reports, such as balance sheets, profit-loss statements, and statements of cash flow, including financial analysis, variance explanations, and key performance indicators.
- Supporting and improving financial analysis to review and identify trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement (AR, AP, WIP, bad debt, overhead, project accounting, KPIs, etc.)
- Assisting in the preparation, organization, and maintenance of financial forecasts and budgets.
- Assisting payroll with recording, processing, compliance, and prevailing wage.
- Assisting with third-party engagements, such as ESOP and Federal Acquisition Regulation audits, financial reviews, tax returns, and appraisals.
- Supporting the implementation of new ERP software.
- Update or develop business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls; ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Assist in training opportunities for accounting staff and the company.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a closely related field.
- At least 3+ years of senior-level accounting experience at a mid-size to large-size company (100+ employees).
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills; must know accounting concepts and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including v-lookups and pivot tables.
Above & Beyond:
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Payroll processing.
- Experience with ERP implementation.
- Knowledge of SOX 404 Internal Control Compliance.
- Systems knowledge of Deltek, Unanet, Sage, or similar software.
- Pursuit of or have a license as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or similar professional service industry experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The hiring range for this role is targeted at $80,000 – $100,000 per year dependent on skills and experience.
Need more information about this position? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick answers to any questions.
What is a RRMer?
A RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you’ll be working with people like:
100% Employee Owned
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”