RRM Design Group is an employee-owned company seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join our team. Our growing firm is looking for an individual who is eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team which offers a great balance of professional fulfillment and fun.
The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for preparing quality work. Desired traits include being proactive, demonstrates initiative, and eager to be part of a growing and successful team. The Senior Accountant performs accounting tasks under direct/supervision of the controller. Technical responsibility will be assigned with demonstrated proficiency, in addition to other related work as required under direction/supervision of controller.
Your role looks like:
- Maintain internal controls, stay current on IRS regulations and GAAP
- Assist and recommend enhancement for accounting processes and procedures
- Provide assistance with audits including 401k, worker’s compensation, ICR Indirect Cost Rate Audit (FAR), accounting processes and internal controls
- Collaborate on strategy, research and implementation of software systems and best practices
- Work with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams on reconciliations, company communication and training
- Responsible for general ledger accounts, including bank accounts, prepaid expenses, deferred revenue calculations and liability accruals
- Assist in preparation of monthly and annual financial packages including financial statements, chargeability and realization analysis, various analyses (bad debt, holds, A/R, overhead, revenue factor, etc.), key performance indicators, and financial information gathering as needed
- Support the service council leaders and other stakeholders in report running and fact finding as needed
- Assist in ESOP administration and coordination with HR, TPA, Trustee and Appraiser
- Accounting Software/Technical Expert: software updates, implement new modules and implement into our process, maximize use of software and efficiency, and educate others on how to use
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
Above & Beyond:
- Experience with ESOP companies
- Experience with AES companies
- FAR or prevailing wage experience
- Deltek/Vision or an AES Cloud-based ERP experience
- Software implementation experience
- CPA candidate
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
*Psst…at RRM, we recognize that factors such as imposter syndrome or the confidence gap may deter some applicants from applying. However, we encourage you to apply anyways, as we recognize these restraints do not reflect an applicant’s abilities, and we don’t want them to get in the way of us meeting potential RRMers!
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities, and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Need more information about this position? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick answers to any questions.
What is a RRMer?
A RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you’ll be working with people like:
100% Employee Owned
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
View Compensation and Benefits
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”