RRM Design Group is an employee-owned company seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant to join our team. Our growing firm is looking for an individual who is eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team that offers a great balance of professional fulfillment and fun.
The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for preparing quality work. The Accounting Assistant performs a variety of general accounting and billing support tasks in an accounting department. In addition to other related work as required under the direction/supervision of the Controller and Senior Accountant.
Your role looks like:
- Billing: Create monthly billing tracking spreadsheet, assemble pre-bills, scan pre-bills to folders, prepare invoices and track progress to completion, code and copy sub-consultant invoices, follow up with subconsultants regarding discrepancies, email invoices to clients, prepare special invoicing, coordinate with Project Accountant and Project Manager on billing issues.
- Contract Administration: track subconsultant insurance certificates, request insurance certificates from vendors, request insurance certificates for projects.
- Accounts Payable: reviewing daily invoices, obtaining appropriate approvals, and coding, inputting into accounting software, responding to subconsultant and vendor inquiries, tracking payables, tracking vendor W9’s.
- Cash Disbursements: Prepare weekly check runs, print bills and checks, and obtain check signatures. Prepare check for mailing and mail out.
- In-house Expenses: collect data from various resources for all offices, generate excel log to import into accounting software, and file.
- Month End Close: provide general ledger account reconciliation and support.
- Uphold and fulfill RRM’s mission, purpose statement, strategic plan, and core values.
- Be an ambassador of RRM; internal and external.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- High School or AA degree
- Minimum one (1) year of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Above & Beyond:
- Some work experience in architecture, engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, or planning firm
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The hiring range for this role is targeted at $20 – $24 per hour dependent on skills and experience.
Need more information about this position? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick answers to any questions.
What is a RRMer?
A RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you’ll be working with people like:
100% Employee Owned
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”
Read more about our six offices:
San Luis Obispo (HQ) | San Leandro | Santa Barbara| Ventura | San Juan Capistrano | San Diego (New!)