RRM Design Group is currently seeking a full-time Senior Designer to join our Architecture team! This curious and motivated individual will expertly lead the creative design elements of complex projects through the development and analysis of the project programs and objectives in order to develop alternative design solutions.
YOUR ROLE LOOKS LIKE:
- Developing design philosophy of the architecture group; leading design charrettes, and giving design seminars for architecture staff
- Mentoring junior staff in the design process firm-wide
- Assisting project managers in developing contract/proposal tasks and budgets in coordination with the marketing group
- Mentoring junior and senior design staff on the process of creating implementable design solutions
- Acting as an expert resource in project design, reviewing CAD work, hand drawings, and modeling produced through all project phases to ensure design integrity
- Attending/Leading project and consultant meetings.
- Developing budgets, tasks, and contract negotiations for clients
- Initiating, developing, and maintaining strong relationships with all outside parties involved in the market sector, including contacts, professional organizations, clients, specialty consultants, and agencies.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience.
- Design expertise in one or more market areas.
- Current knowledge of professional codes, laws, computer applications, and trends.
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The hiring range for this role is targeted at $101,916 – $121,130 per year dependent on skills and experience.
Need more information about this position? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick answers to any questions.
What is a RRMer?
A RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you’ll be working with people like:
100% Employee Owned
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”
Read more about our six offices:
San Luis Obispo (HQ) | San Leandro | Santa Barbara| Ventura | San Juan Capistrano | San Diego (New!)