Are you ready to take your accounting expertise to new heights and be a driving force in shaping the financial success of a dynamic organization? Look no further! At RRM Design Group an employee-owned firm, we are seeking a Senior Accountant who will independently tackle complex accounting challenges, support various financial areas, and work alongside a passionate team to deliver excellence.
Your role looks like:
- Client Relations: You will represent [Your Company Name] professionally, understanding that your performance reflects our reputation and ability to secure repeat clients.
- Financial Mastery: Prepare and review month-end close processes and journal entries, craft financial statements, performance metrics, and reports for management’s keen review.
- Analytical Insight: Delve into financial analysis to uncover trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement, contributing to our continuous growth.
- Budget & Forecasting: Be a pivotal part of the team in developing and maintaining financial forecasts and budgets.
- Collaborative Genius: Collaborate across departments to bolster financial and project management initiatives, contributing your accounting expertise.
- Payroll Prowess: Assist the payroll team with recording, processing, compliance, and prevailing wage calculations.
- Audit Excellence: Partner in third-party engagements, including audits, reviews, tax returns, and appraisals.
- Reporting Authority: Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports for management, showcasing your financial insights.
- Tech Savvy: Utilize cutting-edge project management software integrated with accounting systems, and play a role in selecting and implementing new software.
- Mentorship: Share your wisdom and experience by assisting in training opportunities for accounting staff.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- At least 2 to 3 years in a similar role at a mid-size to large-size company (100+ employees).
- Experience in month-end closing processes.
- Experience and understanding of financial statements.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Above & Beyond:
- Some work experience in architecture, engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, or planning firm.
Pursuit of or have a license as a Certified Public Accountant license.
Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Experience and/or knowledge of Payroll processing
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
We value the diversity of intersecting identities and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The hiring range for this role is targeted at $69,000 – $87,993 per year dependent on skills and experience.
Need more information about this position? Email email@example.com for quick answers to any questions.
What is a RRMer?
A RRMer (also known as an employee of RRM) is an individual who exhibits strong communication skills, cultivates a passion for what they do, is eager to learn and likes to have fun! At RRM, our goal is to foster a community of collaboration and inclusivity, and each RRMer owns their contribution to this environment. In this job, you’ll be working with people like:
100% Employee Owned
We Own This!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
RRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
What Drives Us?
RRM’s mission and core values are the make-up of who we are and how we operate day-to-day. These values define our company culture and are the basis for all behavior and decision making. Head to Our Mission to see a description of all our core values and why we are passionate about Creating Environments People Enjoy.
“A solid company with good leadership and successful business practices.”