The RRM Experience
Enjoy where you work
Keeping our staff happy and passionate is our priority. After all, our employees own our business and determine our future.
- Career Development — we recognize that our people are our strongest asset, so we invest in them. We provide a clear path for career growth by organizational charts and job descriptions. We promote from within and challenge our staff to be recognized leaders in their position and their industry.
- Work-Life Balance — we offer flexible work schedules to allow our employees to balance their life outside of work. Additionally, we have annual family picnics, bowling nights, paid days off for sick family members, a Privacy Room for new moms, in office delivery of local fruits and vegetables and eco-car washing.
- Emphasis on Connection — Fun & friendly colleagues, monthly staff meetings, design charrettes, lunch and learns, new hire meet and greets, get-togethers; baseball games, BBQ’s, open houses and parties.
- Wellness — we have a wellness program that promotes wellness through fun healthy living challenges with incentives. We offer: group activities (hiking, biking, walking, running), reduced health club fees, on-site massages, flu shots, nutritional education, CPR training and sponsor employee participation in local events.
- Work Green, Live Green — we encourage our employees to live more sustainably. RRM has a fleet of Hybrid Vehicles. We promote incentives to carpool and bike to work, use public transportation and drive Alternative Fuel Vehicles. We have bikes available for employees to use during their workday.
We provide a rich benefits package and competitive salary ranges for all positions within the firm. We survey the industry annually to benchmark ourselves against local and regional competitors and keep our salaries and benefits aligned with current trends and expectations. We are also committed to internal equity which keeps our salaries fair and consistent within our firm. We help our employees invest for retirement by offering a 401K match and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – An employer-paid program that allows employees ownership. ESOP is a direct connection to the growth and profitability of our firm
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Time Off, with the goal of 1,000 total hours devoted to community service company-wide
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with employer match
Training Courses and RRM University
RRM supports employee professional growth and development through funding the following programs:
- RRM University, a formal in-house education and training program taught by our professionals
- RRM Associates program, a leadership and ownership transition program
- Sponsoring employee participation in community leadership programs
- Outside employee education such as: conferences, seminars, webinars, professional associations
- Payment of professional exam fees (e.g., AIA, ASLA, AICP, LEED) and registration fees
- Payment for membership in professional organizations
Our Involvement in the Community
RRM contributes to the community through:
- Donate to local charities based on our employees and clients interests
- Sponsor an annual Cal Poly education endowment scholarship for the College of Architecture and Environmental Design
- Hosts local organizations in our training room such as AIA, Central Coast Green Build Council and more
- Industry board leadership (Chamber of Commerce, EVC, AIA, SESLOC, ARTS Obispo, etc.)
- Sustainability leadership including sponsoring and helping form the Central Coast Green Build Council, and hosting resource group for LEED projects
- Guest volunteer teachers at local K-12s, community colleges and universities
- Sponsorships and volunteer services for local events such as: botanical gardens, community parks, shelters, beach and trail clean-up